The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit
The Teacher

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Alienated By New Environment

Wow! It has been 3 weeks since my job posting to IMH as a receptionist trainee. I still haven't gotten used to my new environment, even at home I have to make conscious effort to wind down, I am less than half way through coping with my new schedule. Over the phone, as i was handling clients I am still very nervous, sometimes i forgot what to say as I am afraid of making mistakes. Pondering over my abnormal nervousness, which is a new thing for me as I had close friends, I realise it was due to the voices I have been hearing since our separation that made me wary of people. The emotional support is missing as I have to be tested at work for work related efficiency.

This wariness of people is something I have to come to terms with and that people are not out to harm me, it is just the side effects of medication. One bad effect of changing environment is that I sometimes become blurred out by God knows why. Thankfully it hasn't affected my work severely as I double or triple check my work and most of the times there were no mistakes.

No comments: